This occupies the site of the old Servant’s Hall in the Blore wing and was remodelled to Schomberg Scott’s design in 1962. The previous chapel was a detached building of no architectural merit to the northwest of the house and was demolished as part of the remodelling and rationalization of Monteviot in the 1960s. The new chapel is an excellently proportioned room with fine contemporary fittings. It is dedicated to the Border Saints.
The chapel is arranged college-wise and correctly orientated with the altar, under a tester or canopy, at the east end, and a carved wooden screen at the west inspired by that in the Sixteenth Century chapel at Falkland Palace, Fife. The excellent woodwork was all produced by the firm of Messrs. Anderson of Melrose.
On the screen are six wooden statues of early Christian Borders Saints: King David of Scotland, Saint Waltheof, Saint Boisil, Saint Cuthbert of Lindisfarne, and Saint Drychthelme, as well as Duns Scotus, the philosopher, all carved by Norman Forrest of Edinburgh. The engraved glass in the large mullioned west window depicts a choir of angels with musical instruments and is the work of Ann Robertson of Haddington. The metal crucifix over the altar was commissioned from the Scottish sculptor, George Wylie. On either side of the altar are six fifteenth century Italian paintings of angels on a gold ground in the manner of Fra Angelico, which came from the previous chapel, and triptych of the central Italian school of circa 1400.